Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe
I am a huge fan of fall food, you know, the comfy, cozy recipes that just make you go mmmmmm… the ones where the smell of the food cooking is almost as good as how it’s going to taste hitting the tastebuds on your tongue? Yes… those. And, this recipe – it’s one of them. This Crock Pot Chicken Chili is amazing. If you’re looking for a fantastic chili with chicken, or a chili with white beans, this is the recipe for you… So good, so filling and perfect for a chilly day. I can’t even… begin to imagine it with some french bread, too – delicious….
It does have a bit of a kick – so, hold off on the cayenne and go easy on the green chilies if the kiddos will be joining in on dinner the night you make this.
- Utensils (like these)
- A pot like this one or a crockpot to keep your soup warm (this is one of my favorite sizes here)
- A cutting board (I LOVE these for safety reasons)
- A great cutting knife
And, it’s a inexpensive dinner, too – in fact, I am guessing you have most of the ingredients in your cabinet as we speak.
And, I had this little cutie doing his homework beside me while I was making this soup so it was like the trifecta… gorgeous fall day, cutie-patootie next to me and yummy soup.. Ahhh, it’s the little things in life… 🙂
Crock Pot Chicken Chili Dinner Recipe
- 1 1/2
boneless chicken cut into 1/2 inch cubes
medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2
- 1 1/2
can great northern beans
drained and rinsed
cans chopped green chilis
can chicken broth
heavy whipping cream
- Sauté chicken, onion and garlic in vegetable oil, until chicken is cooked through and onions are translucent (15 minutes or so)
- Add beans, chicken broth, green chilies and seasonings
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 30 minutes OR If you are making this is in the crock pot, this is when you’ll transfer it to the crock pot and set on low for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add sour cream and heavy whipping cream and stir well
- Serve with cheddar cheese on top and crackers and corn chips on the side