This Crockpot Beef Barley Soup is so good and you’ll be floored how easy it is, too!
Easy & Delicious Crockpot Beef Barley Soup
This winter I have the crock pot bug. It may be more than usual and then on the other hand, it might be completely normal and I have just forgotten how heavily I rely on my ‘ol kitchen helpers. But, this year I’ve been rockin’ it with some really fab soups in the slow cooker and this beef & barley soup is certainly no exception.
In describing this beef stew I’d say it’s similar to your good old fashioned beef stew recipe, but in that it’s actually a slow cooker beef stew – and it brought along it’s awesome partner barley.
When I was little, my favorite Campbell’s soup was vegetable beef with barley and as I’ve grown older and a better… cook, I’ve determined that I can make soups very similar to the canned varieties without all of the preservatives.
So, on I went to rock this beef barley soup. And, I completely apologize for the lack of pictures, but it’s so easy that I kind of surprised myself, even and didn’t take any…
For this recipe I used:
Here’s the recipe I swear by (of course with some warm rolls out of the oven) ….
Crockpot Beef Barley Soup Recipe
- 1.5 lb. stew meat
- 1/2 cup uncooked barley medium - regular, not quick
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried ground thyme
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt add more later to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups your choice mixed vegetables
- Cut stew meat into bite sized pieces if not already
- In 4-quart crock pot mix all ingredients minus mixed veggies
- cover and cook on low 7 1/2 - 8 hours
- Add mixed veggies and increase to high for 30 minutes and cover
- Serve (with warm rolls, of course!)