The Best White Bean Turkey Chili You’ll Ever Have
This White Bean Turkey Chili is one of my most favorite soups to have on a cold, blustery day. It’s creamy, but light and it has a bit of a kick, making it the perfect pot of soup to have simmering on the stove or in the crockpot on a chilly day or for entertaining.
When I think of this soup I think of an old boss. His wife used to make this on our getaway trips when we’d go away for planning retreats. We’d go far up into the hills of Galena, Illinois always in the first week of November. Some years it would be snowing, some years there would just be a perfect crisp in the air. Ahh, I love a good soup on a chilly day. You too?
To make this and chop any meat, you need this meat chopping tool in your life, by the way. Best kitchen tool ever.
And, for this recipe I also used:
This soup is so, so very good and here’s how you make it:
- 2 onions chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chicken stock base
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 (7oz) can chopped green chilies
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 3 cans drained and rinsed Northern White Beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté onions, garlic and turkey and add all but sour cream
- Simmer two hours
- Just before serving add sour cream
- Be careful not to boil ...
- Serve with Jack Cheese, jalapeños and Fritos on the side
- You may keep this warm in the crock pot or on low on the stove
You may also like these posts: