If you love easy dinner ideas, this Beef Burrito Casserole Dinner Recipe is perfect for you – you can even make it ahead and pop it in the oven when you get home after work or practices!
Beef Burrito Casserole Dinner Recipe
We love us some good Mexican food around here! You might know that I love this canned tomato salsa. I have a garden, and while I love a fresh tomato on my BLT’s, sometimes using whole peeled tomatoes is just easier. And, I love easy, too. 😉
I came across a beef burrito recipe recently and wondered if I can make it into a burrito bake or casserole sort of thing, and I’ll be darned if I didn’t get it done – this is so good, and such an easy dinner to boot!
If you need an easy dinner that anyone who loves Mexican food will like, this recipe is for you!
To make this recipe, first you have a couple of combinations to make. In a bowl mix together the sour cream and the creamed mushroom soup. You could make your own, but for this stage in my life, Campbell’s does a fine job. 🙂
In a skillet, brown your ground beef and diced onions together until the ground beef is no longer pink and the onions are clear and drain this if you need to. Add the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Mmmmm…. now, sneak a little bit of this concoction over to the side to eat with tortilla chips. YUM!
Spray a 9×13 glass dish, and lay down half of the sour cream mixture, lay tortillas in the dish and top with half of the ground beef mixture. Next, add a cup of cheese. Lay the remaining sour cream mixture, tortillas and ground beef mixture. Top with remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. You’ll want to cut your tortillas beforehand like this:
Take the foil off and let the casserole brown for just a few minutes. Enjoy with some salsa – Mmmm, this is so good and perfect for a busy night as you could definitely make it ahead and pop it in the oven when you get home!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped & diced
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 pack 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 c of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cook ground beef and onions until ground beef is no longer pink and onions are clear
- Add in taco seasoning and refried beans, set aside
- Mix sour cream and cream of mushroom soup
- Cut two of the six tortillas in half
- Spray baking dish
- Spread ½ of sour cream mixture on bottom of dish
- Lay two tortillas and two halves
- Spread half of ground beef mixture on top of tortillas
- sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese
- Repeat these steps one more time
- Cover with foil, Bake in 350 degree preheated over for 20 minutes
- Uncover and broil to brown cheese