If you are a parent or spend a lot of time caring for little ones, you know how much babies love to jump and move those legs. My kids would want to spend hours standing while I supported them, bouncing up and down on my lap with their little legs kicking away. As much as I adored being a part of their need to keep those legs moving, I quickly realized finding good baby jumpers (also called a bouncer, activity center or exersauser) would be a smart, well-used addition to our collection of baby gear. I knew I could use a baby jumper as a way to give them a safe place for activity and exploration while giving me a few moments of hands-free time to do other much-needed tasks around my home. Like, you know, wash some clothes or cook dinner for the rest of the family.
Finding the best baby gear for your child can take a lot of time. And if you are in the market for a baby jumper, you probably already know that there are hundreds of different styles and options to choose from. I spent hours looking up different kinds of baby jumpers, and figuring out what would work best in our small home and for my bigger babies. After a lot of reading and bargain hunting, I finally found one that would get them exercise and entertainment, but store quickly and easily without taking up too much space. It was an instant hit with my first child, but my second, high-energy, always on the go second born absolutely loved bouncing in the jumperoo and I loved seeing his little grins and giggles as he played!
I’ve done my best to answer all the questions you might have about what the best baby jumpers are like and the features of each of the different categories of jumpers and activity centers so that you don’t have to spend as much time digging up all the facts you need to pick the best baby jumper.
What to Look for When Shopping for the Best Baby Jumper
You can pretty much break down baby jumpers into two main categories. There are the door hanging jumpers and the floor activity center jumpers. Within those two categories, there are dozens of options to choose from so finding the perfect style or color is not too difficult if you have a special color or decor theme you are going for!
But there are a few things that are important to consider before making any final decisions or purchasing a new jumper for your child and home.
- Product Dimensions: It can be easy to misjudge the size of a product when you are looking at it online or in a large store. Be sure to check the dimensions of the product to help you decide which one is the best fit, in a literal sense, for your home or the space you plan to use it in.
- Age and size limits: Pay attention to the age, size and weight limits on each product’s description. Some jumpers are rated for smaller, younger children and won’t work for older or larger babies. Knowing the age limit for the jumper can help you pick the best one to grow with your child, or know when to introduce them to their new jumper at the right time!
- Heights you can adjust: You will want to make sure you can adjust the height of the jumper to allow you to be sure your child’s feet are optimally placed on the floor for proper development and movement ability.
- Washable covers: You can count on your baby having an epic blowout or spitting up copiously while playing in their jumper. Being able to wash the seat covers easily and often is a huge plus and something to consider when picking out your baby jumper!
- Cord safety: If you choose a doorway jumper, be sure to find one with either shorter single straps or a dual bungee cord to provide maximum stability and minimize risk of side to side swing or injury from bumping into the door frame.
And finally, before we dive into all the different kinds of jumpers and what they offer, be sure to follow all safety guidelines provided by the manufacturer and to talk to your pediatrician if you have any questions about whether or not your child is ready to use a baby jumper or activity center safely.
18 of the Best Rated Baby Jumpers on Amazon for 2020
Top Six Baby Doorway Jumpers
The most simple baby jumpers are the ones that attach to the door frame above the door and provide a secure seat to support your child while they explore all the things their little legs can do. These allow for a lot of free movement for your child and can be excellent if you have a very active or high energy baby who needs to get a lot of wiggles out in a day!
It’s important to make sure that your door frame is sturdy enough to support the weight of the jumper and has a way for the jumper to securely attach before you pick one of these up, but they are an affordable, easy to store and a great option for many families.
Parents are loving this bumper jumper by Graco because it checks a lot of the “must-have” boxes on the shopping list. It provides a buffer to minimize any potential bumps, and the non-twist straps keep this jumper easy to put up and take down again., A huge bonus for me is the padded seat that is easy to remove and is machine washable! I can guarantee you that you’ll be really glad you can wash that seat, and the less hair pulling it takes to remove the seat, the better in my opinion! —Check the Price
This door jumper goes back to the basics. It may not have a lot of extra bling or toys, but it provides a secure, comfortable seat for your little one to bounce in. It fits standard doorways and is compact and very easy to store so it’s ideal for small spaces or people who need to pack it with them often. The straps adjust and it comes in a variety of fun colors and patterns. The seat is machine washable, and it is one of the most affordable seats on the market, making it one of amazon’s top sellers in the doorway baby jumper category! —Check the Price
This brightly colored jumper ups the activity options with clips to hang favorite toys for your child to grab and explore as he or she bounces. It has a lightweight frame and is easy to travel with or store away when not in use. You can re-position any of the included toys on the built-in hooks, or swap them out for some of your own. The double straps on the side provide stability, and you can adjust the height as needed to get the proper foot placement for your baby. —Check the Price
If you are looking for something that is specifically designed with ergonomics in mind, this baby bouncer was created by an occupational therapist who thought through all the important aspects of safely supporting your baby. The angle was set so that it encourages your baby to use the soles of his feet instead of his tippy toes, which is important for proper development. It’s made for comfortable jumping or just chilling out in comfort. You can hang this one from the doorway or even from the ceiling safely and it’s got a decent weight limit on at 30 lbs it which means your baby can use it for a significantly longer time than some of the other doorway jumpers on the market. —Check the Price
If you are looking for the original baby jumper, this is it! Jolly Jumper was one of the first companies to market a jumper for babies, and they are still going strong! This doorway version features a sturdy door clamp that keeps the seat securely attached to the door frame, a strong coil for extra fun bounces and a seat that offers support that ensures your child is comfortable while they play and get those wiggles out! —Check the Price
If you don’t have a suitable doorway to hang a jumper, but you are sold on the benefits and features of a doorway style baby jumper, this freestanding style baby jumper may be just the solution you are looking for. It is a super sturdy frame that suspends the jumper safely and securely in the middle and is built for super active babies who are ready to bounce. It is on the larger size, at six feet tall, but the sturdy frame does not require tools to assemble and is fairly easy to take apart to store if you don’t want to leave it out or don’t have space to do so. The saddle-style seat supports baby’s spine well and because there is no solid frame like the doorway hanging jumper, you eliminate some of the concerns about your child bumping into the door frame if they are an excited baby in the jumper. Alternatively, there is also this similar style available, with a slightly different frame shape and build. —Check the Price
You can up the fun-o-meter on any of these doorway baby jumpers by adding in this colorful musical mat that is created to make music as they bounce. It’s cushioned, so it’s soft of little feet and has three modes of music: dance, jungle and silly. You select the music, and they get to dance it up! It requires AA batteries, not included, so be sure to grab a pack of those while you’re at it. — Check the Price
Top 12 Floor Baby Jumpers and Activity Centers
If a doorway jumper is not a great solution for your home or you are looking for something with a few more options on it, you may be looking for a stand-alone style of baby jumper (also known as a baby bouncer or activity center).
These often have many colorful and interactive toys and objects for your child to discover, and you can place them anywhere in your home which can be handy if you move from room to room or work in areas without a solid doorway.
The downside is they are bulkier and can be more difficult to store when not in use so that will take up more floor space but are often worth the trade-off. There are many colors and variations to the stand-alone baby jumper, so we’re showing you some of the top-rated by parents on Amazon.
If you wonder what all the other parents are loving, it’s this adorable little jumperoo from Fisher-Price. Built with comfort in mind, this play center jumper provides plenty for your little one to look at and discover. The seat spins 360 degrees to encourage healthy development and give your child the freedom to explore the room while at play. The toy in the front is interactive with lights, music and motion.
There are 3 positions to provide a custom fit as your child grows. The seat also features a nifty way to quickly collapse so it can be slipped into a closet or beside a piece of furniture when not in use. Fisher-Price offers this seat in a variety of styles and patterns, with another popular look being the oh-so-cute luvu zoo style. —Check the Price.
This jumper is all about a multi-sensory experience. With three different activity stations and 12 plus activities, it gives your baby plenty to discover and enjoy. This seat also spins in a full 360 and there are additional hooks for attaching your child’s favorite toys as well. This seat comes with five height adjustments so it’s a great option to grow with your little one. — Check the Price
Bigger toys can make it easier for small children to see and grab a hold of. And this excersaucer has them all- more than 13 toys and activities, in fact. With an easy on-off switch, you can choose when to light up this bouncer with music and noise, and when to keep it a little more chilled out and quiet.
A sturdy frame supports all the bouncing, but this jumper is still lightweight and easy to move. The cool c0lorscheme is relaxing to the eye and who can resist those cute little arctic animals? One of the awesome things about this particular bouncer is the easy to remove machine-washable seat cover. —Check the Price
For those parents looking for a longer-lasting activity center that will transform as your child grows, this seat is a great choice. The seat is soft and padded and very bouncy and spins for 360 access to the incredibly adorable woodland themed toys. The toys are designed with development and learning in mind and is sure to delight your baby as they explore. It also folds up easily which makes it a great portable option for on-the-go parents.
Once your child outgrows the jumper stage, you can replace the activity seat with a tabletop and turn it into a play table that is perfect for your toddler. There are even stools you can buy to go with it! —Check the Price
Skip Hop is a favorite brand among parents, and for good reason. Not only do they make an entire line up of adorable products, but they also design everything in collaboration with pediatricians and other child development experts. This bouncer takes a “whole body” approach to activity and is designed to convert as your child grows. Each of the four toys is movable, and the little window gap allows the baby to see their feet and the piano keys which, of course, are interactive to their kicks and jumps.
This center also includes a “grow-with-me” feature that allows it to turn into a sturdy table for toddler activities like play-doh and coloring. Not only is the seat washable, but the tray underneath is dishwasher safe. Talk about keeping it easy for us parents! — Check the Price
You can really get a lot of mileage out of this baby jumper. With easy locks that can switch the seat from a bouncer to a swiveling playground, to a sturdy walker, it makes it easy for your child to transition from exercising the legs with jumping to starting to practice the leg movements needed for walking.
But that’s not all this activity center does. As your child begins to toddler, you can convert this with a few easy adjustments into a walk-behind toy to steady those little feet. It collapses easily for better storage, and the seat is machine washable. It’s definitely a great choice if you are looking for something that is multi-purpose and you can get a lot of use out of! —Check the Price
Who doesn’t love Minnie? This seat brings all the magic of Disney to your little one’s fingertips. The rotating seat is surrounded by toys that play sounds and light up interactively with your child’s touches. The seat is washable and has four settings to adjust the height as your baby grows. — Check the Price
This baby jumper takes a different spin on the method of bouncing. The seat remains stationary while the platform provides a bungee-jumping action when your child jumps up and down on it. It has three height settings and interactive toys that respond to your baby’s touches. — Check the Price
Here’s a jumper that’s sure to delight your baby. With bright colors to catch the eye and a 360 activity experience, it’s created to bring hours of joy and entertainment. It folds easily and quickly into one of the most compact folds of any of the other seats I’ve seen, which makes it so easy to store under a bed or in a closet when you aren’t using it.
Everything about this table caters to the grow-with-me idea, as the toys that were mounted on the activity center while it was used as a baby jumper can now be used on the activity table as roll-around pals. It’s a hit and I absolutely can see why! —Check the Price
This baby jumper has to take the cake when it comes to the number of sounds and activities it provides your child. There are in fact more than SIXTY different activities that are created to help your child achieve developmental milestones. The pad is soft and promotes stability while providing plenty of bounce. All of the toys are geared towards learning, but they are lots of fun too! This cover is super easy to remove for cleaning and adjusting the height on it is a breeze! — Check the Price
Baby will love all of the colorful activities that this bouncer provides. It may not have as many bells and whistles ad some of the others on our lists, but it is a comfortable seat with engaging activities and a fun bouncy pad underneath for sensory and fun. You can adjust the seat to grow with your little one, and everything is easy to wipe down and clean should the need arise. —Check the Price
Here’s another bouncer that introduces your child to cause and effect as they learn to make music by jumping and putting their feet on the piano keys underneath the seat. You can also choose to put the piano at hand level for another fun experience for your child. All the toys are removable and provide more than 25 developmental activities for your little one to discover. —Check the Price
Top Questions about Baby Jumpers Answered
- How old should my baby be to use the jumperoo?: Your baby may be able to begin using a jumper around 4-6 months of age. They should have full head control and be able to sit unassisted so they aren’t flopping over in the seat.
- How high should my baby jumper be?: You should adjust the height of your baby jumper so your child can comfortably place their feet flat on the floor. You want to avoid placing it at a height that requires them to stand on their toes or so low that they can’t relax their legs comfortably.
- How do you adjust a baby jumper?: Most baby jumpers come with detailed instructions on how to adjust the height or any other adjustable component of the jumper. Usually, it is very simple and only requires one or two steps. Please refer to and follow carefully all guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the jumper you pick out to ensure that the seat is secure and safely adjusted to the correct position.
- How do you use a baby jumper?: Your baby will be seated in the jumper and will be able to move, play and explore while bouncing to exercise their legs. Each jumper may function slightly differently from each other so it is important to follow any guidelines that the manufacturer provides for that specific seat when using your new baby jumper.
- How do you clean a baby jumper?: Thank goodness, almost all baby jumpers these days come with removable seat covers that are machine washable to make cleaning your baby jumper a breeze. Wash the cover according to the manufacturer’s directions (usually cool water with a gentle detergent) and hang to dry. You can wipe down the surface of the toy with a clean, damp rag and non-toxic dish soap as needed as well.
- Do baby jumpers expire?: Most baby jumpers do not have expiration dates on them as car seats do and with proper care you should get many years of enjoyment out of your purchase. However, it is important to regularly check the seat for any signs of distress or things that could cause a safety hazard such as loose screws, clips that are loose or no longer secure, or material that is giving way. If you have any concerns about the seat still being in a safe condition for your child to enjoy, it’s best to err on the side of caution and replace it instead of risking injury due to the product failing from use and age.
Best Baby Jumper Safety Tips
There will always be some controversy over whether or not baby jumpers are safe for small children, but pediatricians and development experts say that with proper use, and following recommended guidelines, baby jumpers can be a safe, interactive and wonderful experience for both child and parents. However, it is wise to discuss with your pediatrician any concerns you may have and get their opinion about if your child is ready to safely use a baby jumper or activity center. It is also important to follow a few safety tips when using your new baby jumper.
- Never leave your child unattended in the baby jumper. The baby jumper can provide some much-needed hands-free time for you as parents, but it critical to keep your child within your sight at all times while they are playing so that you can ensure they are secure and comfortable while they explore.
- Adjust the height properly for your child. It is important to make sure that your baby’s feet can rest flat on the floor while in either a doorway jumper or a stand-alone system. This allows proper foot and leg development as they jump and can help guard against toe-walking or any developmental delay.
- Do not use a jumper until your child is ready. It can be so tempting to put your baby into the baby jumper and prop them up so you can get a couple of minutes to take care of things around the house. But it is critical to wait until your baby has full head control and can sit up a little unassisted so that there is no strain on their neck or spine. Look into other options that support your baby properly while you wait for them to be ready to really enjoy and use a baby jumper safely.
- Follow all weight and height restrictions on your baby jumper. It’s hard for your child to give up a loved activity or toy, but using a doorway jumper with a child who is past the weight limit is risky and can be a setup for serious injury. Be sure to know and follow all weight and height limits for your chair and keep your child safe!
Do we think baby jumpers are worth it?
As wonderful as it is to hold our precious baby, we as parents all need a little break sometimes. With proper use, a baby jumper can provide parents and children with the much-needed space to thrive, making them a worthwhile investment for your family! Do you have a favorite baby jumper not on our list? Leave us a comment and tell us about why you love it!
Looking for Free stuff?
While it’s not likely that you’ll find a lot of places offering free jumperoos, you can find a lot of amazing samples and freebies just for new parents! If you are looking for free baby stuff for yourself or an expectant mama you know, you’ll want to check out some of our other posts, too.