I am all about easy meals… In fact, I love a hearty dinner with less than 5 ingredients. Maybe part lazy and part cheap. Sure, I’m fine with that description. I had to come up with a beef enchiladas recipe that my kids would love as much as my husband does. Don’t get me wrong, my hubby loves my Beef and Cheese Enchiladas, but the kids love “steak” so using a pulled beef I thought may be better and boy, was I right! This easy shredded beef enchilada dinner is a whiz to throw together and you’ll love to make it ahead, too.
Simply put the beef, sauce and beef bouillon into the crockpot and cook on low for a minimum of 8 hours. I think every kitchen and every cook needs this size crockpot.
Place about a 1/2 cup of this mixture into the middle of each enchilada. You can also fold in the sides to make burritos. I did that for the recipe I made here. I love a fantastic smothered burrito. 🙂
Smother the burrito with the remainder of the sauce and sprinkle some cheese on top and broil on low for about 5 minutes. Serve with rice and sour cream on the side. Yum!
Do you need a new crock pot? See my article on 10 Tips for Choosing the Best Crock Pot for Your Best Crock Pot Recipe.
Shredded Beef Enchiladas: Crock Pot Dinner
large can red enchilada sauce
beef bouillon cubes
can refried beans
burrito size tortillas
- ** may add can diced green chilies for spice.
- Put the beef, sauce and beef bouillon into the crockpot and cook on low for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Once meat is cooked, shred with your handheld mixer and add in your refried beans.
- Place about a 1/2 cup of this mixture into the middle of each enchilada and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold top and bottom in to make an enchilada with ends open, or sides in to make a burrito.
- Place into greased baking dish and smother burritos with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top and broil on low for about 5 minutes. Serve with rice and sour cream on the side. Yum!