This Crockpot Enchilada Soup is so good and goodness, it is ever easy!
Crockpot Enchilada Soup
You know those weeks where you just start behind? These past few weeks have been like that for me. I’m living in a constant state of “behind-ness” and let me tell you, it’s not fun at all!
When I get into this pickle, I find that making soups in the crockpot is the thing to do. They’re easy and they create a ton of leftovers, giving me a plan for dinner for atleast another couple lunches or dinners. So, there I sit and I think … easy enchilada soup it is!
This enchilada soup – easy, easy, easy is a must-add to your menu plan for this week. It literally cooks itself. In fact, as I was looking back at pictures, I had none to show because this easy dinner recipe came together so quickly and it’s pretty much a dump and go kind of crockpot meal.
Those are my all-time fave recipes as they’re so stinkin’ easy and the flavors have a few hours to melt together and just become straight-up awesome.
To make this recipe you’ll want to first gather all of your ingredients including your cans, can opener, chicken and crockpot.
I used my all-time favorite Ninja 3-in-1 Crockpot for this soup because I browned the chicken breast before tossing everything else in and to me it’s an important part of the recipe.
You don’t need to have a Ninja 3-in-1 for this recipe, but I’m just going to tell ya’ life is easier when you have one because it allows you to do your browning and slow cooking all in one machine, making less dirty dishes. Can I get an “Amen”?!
Here’s how to whip up this easy enchilada soup:
Crockpot Enchilada Soup
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 T vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves and then chopped
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can black beans undrained
- 1 10 ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper and put in the hot skillet (or your Ninja 3-in-1 Crockpot) on medium heat. Brown chicken breast on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add all other ingredients into the crockpot (including chicken), cover and turn on high for two hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with forks or with a hand mixer.
- Add chicken back to the crockpot, season with salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!
- ** Top with sour cream, tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips.
- The leftovers are even better!
I have no doubt that you’re just going to love this one! Let me know what you thought, would you?
You may also like these posts: