Most of my favorite easy dinner ideas are made in the crock pot, I’m not even gonna lie. But, this easy dinner recipe is made in the oven, and it’s a family favorite for sure!
If your family loves quesadillas but you like eating together, these sheet pan oven quesadillas are the easy quesadilla recipe you’re after!
Ground Beef Sheet Pan Oven Quesadillas
If you’ve been around here for any amount of time, you might know that chips and salsa are my soul food. Like ,I could live on chips and salsa, and chips and salsa alone. I even have a canned tomato salsa recipe that I make every week. No kidding. And, shredded chicken tacos …. don’t even get me started on my second soul food! Seriously, just love these foods.
So, you’re probably guessing by now that Mexican food makes it on my family’s dinner menu atleast once a week, right? Correct.
I love making quesadillas, but I’m never able to get four orders of quesadillas done at the same time so we can have dinner together and that’s a huge bummer, as dinner time together is undoubtedly one of my favorite parts of the day.
ENTER in … sheet pan quesadillas. Yes, folks, I’ve officially outsmarted myself. Sheet pan shrimp fajitas are one of my top go-to dinners and now, sheet pan quesadillas are topping the list of frequent dinners around here and I am in love to ay the least!
And, they’re so, so easy. Like, honestly a bit of dump and go.
How to make quesadillas in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef to skillet and cook, breaking up meat with a chop & stir, until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add chopped onions and stir until translucent. Drain fat, then stir in cumin, taco seasoning, paprika and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- On a 16×22 sheet (like this one) , place 6 tortillas around the edges of the pan so that about half of each tortilla hangs over side. Place another tortilla in the center to cover pan completely, then top with ground beef and onion mixture, cheeses, and green onions.
- Place another tortilla (or two halves, depending on how long your gap or hole is that needs filling) in the center (on top of all fillings), then fold each tortilla towards center so that none of the quesadilla toppings are touching the bottom of the pan that you’re going to place on top of the quesadillas.
- Place a second, smaller baking sheet (I use this one) on top of the tortillas (this pan will help the quesadilla hold is shape!) and bake until tortillas are beginning to turn crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from top of the quesadilla and continue baking until tortillas are golden and crispy, about 15 minutes more (keep an eye to avoid over baking)
- Slice into rectangles and serve warm with sour cream and salsa. YUM!
Tools I used for my oven quesadilla recipe:
Ingredients for baked quesadillas:
- 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 2/3 cup green onions sliced
Is this the same thing as a baked quesadilla?
Absolutely. If you are looking to save time and not hover over a griddle making standard quesadillas like we’ve always known them, this is the way to go!
Can you double baking quesadillas in the oven?
You sure can! Just make two batches of everything, and you’d also need double the pans. These are the tools I used to make this easy sheet pan dinner:
More sheet pan dinners and foil packet dinners:
I love sheet pan and foil packet dinners! Here are some of my favorites: