Creamy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Our kids love beef recipes (we’re Iowans, what can I say!?) Well, what surprised me most about this beef stroganoff recipe was the fact that both my son and his best friend were raving about it… In fact, our son’t best friend went home and raved about to his Mom, who I’ll be sending this too once it’s written. 🙂 Anyways, if you’re looking for a super-duper easy beef stroganoff recipe to make at home, this is a great option and one to keep handy for sure!
First off, my super secret tip… chop your cleaned mushrooms so small that the kiddos don’t even notice… turns out my kids do like mushrooms. 😉 I use a chopper like this one. And, I use it all.the.time.
And, my second super tip is to have the butcher cut your meat. If you don’t have a butcher at your market, go to the market who does. It’s the best free, time-saving tip for the kitchen that I’ve got for you. I always have them cut my meat the way I want – beef and chicken, too. Even pork. It saves me so much time in the kitchen. For real. But, if you do chop your meat at home, use cutting boards like these to avoid cross contamination. Super important.
This is one of the most important parts, browning the meat. You’ll want a larger electric pan like this one to make the sauce. It’s perfect and great for when you’ll be simmering the meat.
Now, for the recipe:
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat or round steak cut into cubes
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 T flour
- 1 T paprika
- 1 lb. mushrooms
- 2 c. beef bouillon
- 2 c. sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Cut meat into 1 or just 1/2 inch squares.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand for 2 hours.
- Heat skillet very hot, add butter and brown meat quickly.
- Add mushrooms and brown slightly.
- Remove beef and mushrooms.
- Blend flour with liquids in the pan.
- Add stock, paprika and sour cream. Do not boil after adding sour cream.
- Heat, add mushrooms and meat.
- Simmer atleast 30 minutes on low.
- Serve with egg noodles.
See more easy dinner ideas.
[su_posts posts_per_page=”5″ tax_term=”50″ tax_operator=”0″ order=”desc”][/su_posts]