Christmas Cookies Recipes: Easy Cutout Christmas Cookies
Christmas Cookies Recipes: Easy Cutout Christmas Cookies You Can’t Miss!
The perfect sugar cookie – the recipe that everyone wants – the coveted perfect dough to make Christmas cookie cutouts… this is your recipe!
This is the recipe that I have adapted and made my very own to give away at Christmas time. It’s light, soft, chewy, sugary and absolutely perfect. I usually make the recipe in stages. And, that’s simply because I like to take my time so that everything turns out perfectly. Let me show you how I make my Christmas cookies easy to do.
Christmas Cookie Cutouts
I first make my cookie dough. The recipe is below, but you’ll find the usual cast… flour, sugar, butter and … are you ready? I use orange juice in my sugar cookies… yes! Orange juice! I don’t know how I ever came upon that trick, but it works. Maybe it gives just a little tang, or sets off the sugar? Who knows…
The cookie dough does have to set for a bit, so I will usually make this one day and then set out to make my Christmas cookies the next day or so.
Then, once I’ve made my cookies, I will do the frosting. The Christmas cookie frosting recipe I have here is the perfect amount for my cutout cookie recipe, so it works out perfectly. If I am making different colors of frosting, I’ll halve or quarter the recipe and then add food coloring. But, you could make it all together and separate the frosting afterwards too, whatever you fancy.
*** *THE BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIE CUTOUTS TIP I HAVE:
You must use baking mats or parchment paper while baking Christmas cookies. This keeps the bottoms of the cookies from getting to brown and crunchy. Amazon has cookie baking mats that are awesome.
Products that you’ll want to consider adding to your kitchen for recipes like this:
And, now for the best darn, easiest Christmas Cookie Recipe you’ll find on the internet. Along with my favorite Christmas Cookie Frosting Recipe. ** If you’d rather have your Christmas cookies decorated with fondant, Tea Biscuit has a great Royal Cookie Icing Recipe.
Christmas Cookies Recipes: Easy Cutout Sugar Cookies
Sunny D orange juice
- food coloring
- Combine your butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and beat on medium speed with a mixer until creamy
- Add flour, orange juice, vanilla and baking powder and mix on low
- Divide dough into four parts and wrap in saran wrap
- Store in the refrigerator for atleast two hours
- Roll out cookies and make 1/4 inch thickness cutouts on a floured surface. You’ll need to handle the dough just a little bit to get it to roll out flat after being in the refrigerator
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie pans ** must use parchment paper or baking mats
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 7-8 minutes per cookie pan
- ** Your cookies will not seem like they are done but they will harden once dry and cooled off. They’ll be very moist and delicious!
- Blend together first three ingredient for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Make your frosting right before frosting the cookies so your frosting doesn’t harden and get dry
See more of my favorite desserts!