I am all about a get-together and love putting out items that are hearty as well as some light and fresh appetizers as well. This Party Party Dip is one of my absolute favorites as it's so easy, and of course inexpensive to make. 😉 And, another reason I love it is that you make it ahead. In fact, I have made it as early as a couple days in advance, so it's one that you can get out of the way and put out when your guests arrive with some tortillas chips. The ingredients include:
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped ($1)
- 3 green onions, chopped (25¢)
- 3 T. fresh cilantro, stems removed (50¢)
- 1 small container jalapeños (I take 5 or 6 rings out of a jar of jalapeños and chop those) (50¢)
- 16 oz. colby-jack cheese ($3)
- 1 package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing *prepared (oil, water and vinegar) ($1.50)
Simply toss all of these ingredients in a bowl and stir. Serve cold after it has been refrigerated atleast 3 hours. Yes, it's really that easy and it will be a hit!
When I figured the prices above, some items you'll need to buy new, but I am assuming that you'll have vinegar, water, etc. at home already. Also, since you won't be using a whole jar of jalapeños or a whole bunch of cilantro, I figured the prices for only a portion of these ingredients.