If you’ve been searching for ideas to get free books on your Kindle, then chances are that you’ve run into both Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading as eReader options.
Since Amazon presents both services, the glaring question becomes: What’s the distinction between the two reading options?
This Amazon Prime Reading vs Kindle Unlimited comparison will make that clear.
Want to get Free Kindle books on Kindle readers? How about finding free Kindle books for avid readers? Or, how do you go about getting free Kindle books on Amazon Prime? eBook reading programs are becoming more popular. You just have to know how to find the best one for you and how to take advantage of them. Which one is better for you? We are looking at Kindle Unlimited vs Prime Reading.
What is Kindle Unlimited vs. Prime Reading?
Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited both provide a vast library of e-books, digital magazines, comics, and even audiobooks.
However, Prime Reading is exclusive to Amazon Prime members as an Amazon Prime benefit, while Kindle Unlimited is available to everyone.
Prime members get access to magazines, books and other content at no additional cost through their Prime membership.
Kindle Unlimited offers its members more than the limited amount of content that Prime Reading gives with over one million titles for a small monthly subscription fee, and you can even get a free or discounted Kindle membership here!
In comparison, Prime Reading has some significant benefits, such as exclusive prime-only titles.
For those who don’t read enough books, it’s hard to justify investing in a Kindle Unlimited membership.
So here we break down each option:
Top Benefits of Kindle Unlimited:
- Hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, giving readers access to a digital library of books.
- No due dates, no holds, unlimited simultaneous accessing and free audiobooks
- Textbooks available for rent
- Free access to Amazon Audible Originals
- Get exclusive book discounts and early access perks
- Prime Reading access
- Personalized recommendations based on the books you’ve read in the past
- Cancel anytime at no cost
- Access Kindle editions through apps on your apple or android device or PC computer via a web browser
- Easy sharing with family or friends
- Listen hands-free with Amazon Alexa integration and narration
- Borrow up to ten books at once through a single account
Top Benefits of Prime Reading:
- Included as a bonus with an Amazon Prime membership (along with Prime Video, Prime Music, select movies, Prime only tv shows and more) Get a free trial of Amazon Prime here.
- Access to thousands of books, magazines and comics to read at no additional cost
- Opportunity to explore new genres, discover favorite authors and even catch up on popular magazines
- Access a wide selection of digital content instantly without ever leaving home
- Save money by not needing to purchase additional magazine subscriptions or buy individual books from Amazon’s vast digital library
- Access titles from Kindle Devices such as Kindles and smartphone devices enabled with the Kindle app
- Customers can search for specific titles using Amazon’s search engine instead of manually going through bookstore after bookstore in an attempt to find what you’re looking for
- Reducing the time spent searching for particular reads
- Unlimited access to the books offered in Prime Reading
- Kindle Unlimited offers a much larger selection of Kindle books than Amazon Prime Reading does
- Every Amazon Prime member gets free access to Prime Reading, whereas a Kindle Unlimited subscription costs $9.99 per month
- You can access both Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited with Kindle e-readers or through the Kindle app available on most devices
- If you’re an occasional reader looking for the latest bestsellers or magazines, then Prime Reading may be the right option
- If you lean more towards expansive libraries of books, magazines and audiobooks, then Kindle Unlimited might be more suitable
Kindle Unlimited vs. Prime Reading
As you can see from the comparisons above, Kindle Unlimited offers a much larger selection of Kindle books in the Kindle store than Amazon Prime Reading does, but weighing the price per month is the proper task at hand.
Your ultimate decision will depend on the type of reader you are, and the books you like to read. If Prime Reading doesn’t have what you like, then for the price of just one Kindle book, you can have unlimited Kindle books with a Kindle Unlimited membership.
Get a free month of Kindle Unlimited here to try it out!
Is Prime reading the same as Kindle Unlimited?
In my honest opinion, Prime Reading is for more of a light reader, someone who picks up a magazine or a book here and there, but Prime Reading is probably to intermediate for someone who views reading as a hobby per se.
Are all Prime Reading Books in Kindle Unlimited?
Get a Free Trial of Prime Reading with a FREE 30 Day Amazon Prime Membership
Is Amazon Unlimited Reading Free with Prime?
No, Amazon unlimited reading (officially named Kindle Unlimited) is not included with your Amazon Prime membership, only the limited version of Prime Reading is included with an Amazon Prime membership.
How much is Kindle Unlimited if you have Amazon Prime?
Kindle Unlimited’s price is around $9.99 per month (get a free trial here) on top of an Amazon Prime membership price.
Are books free with Kindle Unlimited?
Yes, eBooks that you borrow from the Kindle library are free with your Kindle Unlimited membership.
How many books are free with Prime reading?
Prime members can download one free book each month from a selection of six editors’ picks. They announce new titles at the start of each month.