When girls turn ten, things change – and they're suddenly hard to shop for (am I right?!) It's like overnight you went from being able to get dolls and crafts … to really having to put some real thought into their personalities and which gifts 10 year old girls would really enjoy. And, that can be stressful! Having an 8 year old girl and bring surrounded by ten year old girls, I feel like I am more than qualified to talk about gifts for 10 year old girls that they'll love!
As always, let me know the best gifts for girls age 10 that you've found if I've missed any!
The BEST Gift Ideas for 10 Year Old Girls
Welcome! As a mom, aunt, friend and all the other hats I wear, I couldn't wait to share my super helpful gift guide of 10 year old birthday presents, and Christmas gifts for 10 year old girls!
And, I did something different with this guide – I broke the guide down by things that girls may want to do on their own as opposed to some gift ideas that they can enjoy when they have friends over, or when they head to a friends house.
Because when you're wondering “what do 10 year olds like for their birthday or Christmas” it pretty much comes down to that: do they like to play with others, or are they a fan of alone time? Looking for gift ideas for more kids in the family?
Check out these gift guides for even more ideas: the best gifts for 12 year old boys, finding the best rectangle trampoline, best gifts for 10 year old boys, and even gifts for 2 year old boys that they'll love!
In this guide, you'll find a lot of crafts, as well as STEM toys and games to pass the time.
Gift ideas that girls can use in their independent time
1. Color Gel Pens Have you ever met a girl who didn't love to doodle? I sure haven't! Christmas gifts for a 10 year old girl can be tough to nail, but a set of color gel pens along with a good coloring book will leave the ten year old lady in your life happy, no doubt.
2. Aquabeads Beginners Studio Aquabeads grow with any girl, making it both nostalgic and relaxing, right? And, if the girls you know like to make gifts, this is the perfect gift for them as they can make things for their family members that are fun and unique!
3. Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World Hardcover Book Presents for a 10 year old girl don't always need to be something that they can “do”, and in this case it's not something they can “do” as in a craft, but rather something they can learn to “be”.
This gift idea is something that can inspire any ten year old to live to her fullest potential by showing her what she has the potential to be. The New York Times best seller Women in Science highlights the contributions of fifty notable women to the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) from the ancient to the modern world.
Full of striking, singular art, this fascinating collection also contains infographics about relevant topics such as lab equipment, rates of women currently working in STEM fields, and an illustrated scientific glossary. Let the lady in your life imagine herself paving the way for the next generation of female engineers, biologists, mathematicians, doctors, astronauts, physicists, and more!
4. eatsleepdoodle Doodle Duvet Cover Our daughter is always drawing on things – from the back of her homework to her brothers school notes (whoops!) so I was excited to come across this perfect gift for a girl age 10!
Girls can use the ten wash-out fabric pens to doodle and color on the 200 Thread Count 100-Percent Cotton Duvet cover transforming their bedroom into a masterpiece.
Why buy a duvet with a pattern already on it when she can make her own? Even better, when she's ready for a new look, simply machine wash and dry the duvet and start all over again. How fun is this gift for a 10yr old girl?!?
5. smART sketcher Projector When I was little I was obsessed with everything my teachers had, did and even what they wore! And, this toy reminds me of just that!
The smART sketcher Projector puts the fun of drawing and writing into the hands of kids where they can engage in 50+ sketching and learning activities. This will be fun for hours that they can come back to for years!
6. Art Lab for Kids Art Lab for Kids is a step-by-step book that offers 52 fun and creative art projects set into weekly lessons, beginning with drawing, moving through painting and printmaking, and then building to paper collage and mixed media. The labs can be used as singular projects or to build up to a year of hands-on fine art experiences. Perfect for any girls who have a real interest in art!
7. Girls Who Code: Learn to Code and Change the World Hardcover Book Bursting with dynamic artwork, down-to-earth explanations of coding principles, and real-life stories of girls and women working at places like Pixar and NASA, this graphically animated book shows what a huge role computer science plays in our lives and how much fun it can be.
This Girls Who Code Book will have any girl itching to create her own apps, games, and robots to make the world a better place and share her passion (of course I'm a huge fan of this!)
8. Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad Along time as a pre-teen is a good thing. And although it's Crayola brand, this can give kids the confidence to create images before adding their own flair.
The art kit lets kids choose from over 100 traceable images, which helps guide their creativity without requiring them to draw an individual scene from scratch. How fun for some perfect quiet time. 9. Your Décor Color Your Own Water Bottle Doodle, doodle, doodle, and this time doodling is highly encouraged! Girls can use this kit to stay hydrated in style!
With their kit they'll get one BPA-free water bottle with carabiner clip, 5 designer markers and 20 peel and stick gemstones to make it their own! This is a great kit to give as a solo project or as a group activity for birthday parties, sleepovers and any other fun get-togethers, really.
10. Walkie Chalk Stand-Up Sidewalk Chalk Holder Sidewalk chalk is the gift that will keep giving. Ten year olds love to draw and the driveway is no exception! The Walkie Chalk Stand-Up Sidewalk Chalk Holder allows girls to create big drawings with ease from the standing position.
No bending over or sore backs (mamas that draw with their girls, I'm talkin' to you!)
BONUS: This drawing book is SO fun to give with chalks or drawing pens!
11. Razor E100 Electric Scooter Any girl loves showing off her skills and the Razor scooter will have her whipping down the street in style at powerful speeds up to 10 mph!
There's a real obsession with kids this age with “driving” and this scooter has a hand operated rear brake, spring loaded kickstand, and an 8-inch pneumatic front tire for a smooth ride, mimicking a real car (well, as close as she'll likely get for now!)
12. Alex DIY Friends Forever Bracelet Kit Friendship bracelets are the best and they're on trend, too! What a great way to pass time for any girls who are crafty and like to wear their crafts.
This set will make 22 friendship bracelets and even includes beads that they can weave into the bracelets, too. In case they spend a lot of time at sibling's sporting events, this is a great gift to buy as there's a carrying case included, too. 13. Bit Coding Robot The Bit Coding Robot is helping girls get smart for fun! This is the robot for future artists, engineers, and everyone in between, now including Guardians of the Galaxy fans! A super fun way to learn coding, too!
14. Designed by You Fashion Studio For the girl who is dreaming of becoming a fashion designer, this is the gift for her! The craft kit includes: a lace-covered dress mannequin, sketch book, fabrics samples, swatch booklet, trims, ribbons, tools and embellishments, too!
Girls will learn how to sketch out her designs, and more design ideas by draping, pasting and pinning the fabric, ribbon and embellishments onto the mannequin that's included. FUN!
15. I Am Confident, Brave & Beautiful: A Coloring Book for Girls Paperback Book There's nothing more important at this precious age to boost a girl's confidence, imagination, and spirit!
Everything about this coloring book encourages girls to think and inspire conversations with adults about what it really means to be confident, brave, and beautiful.
16. Mermaid Tail Blanket This mermaid tail is made of a soft, double layered flannel fabric, perfect for snuggling with! Girls will love showing this blanket off during movie nights at home, parties, sleepovers or even camping.
17 Doodle Pillow Case for Children I am LOVING the trend of untraditional things that girls can color on! This pillowcase for kids allows girls to doodle right on their pillowcase!
And, what's so cute about this pillowcase is that one side features a home interior on one the exterior of their home is on the reverse side. How fun!
With the pillowcase they'll get 10 double-ended washable fabric markers so they can color over and over again if they wish!
18. Squishmallows The Squishmallows are taking over our entire town! If I need a slam-dunk gift for ages 7-12, a Squishmallow it is!
I can't blame the girls though, these loveable buddies made from super soft marshmallow-like texture are so soft and double as a pillow or a travel teammate.
19. Spirograph Deluxe Design Kit If you're under the age of 60 you for sure had (or had a friend!) that owned a Spirograph and were no doubt amazed at the beautiful creations you could make.
Girls can use the Spirograph to draw neat, spiraling designs with Spirograph's distinctive interlocking gears and wheels. With the Deluxe Spirograph she'll get 19 wheels, 2 rings, 1 rack, spiro-putty, 3 pens, 14-page guide book, design paper and carry-along storage case perfect for taking on the go! Girls of all ages love this (and so do moms!)
20. My Fairy Garden The My Fairy Garden is a fun gift idea because it keeps on giving – as the months go on, the plants continue to grow, therefore making this one of the gift ideas 10 year old girls might just love to watch grow!
Have a Boy?? See my guide on the best gifts for 10 year old boys!
Gift ideas that ten year old girls can use with their friends:
1. BONAOK Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone Have you ever met a girl who doesn't love to perform (even if it's in a small group of people)? This high-quality Bluetooth microphone can be used as a speaker, player or a recorder and can even be connected with select apps, too.
She (and friends if she so wishes) will love rocking out with this microphone that really works! And the USB port allows her to plug it into an MP3 player, and play the music directly from there. So much fun!
2. The Game of Life Board Game I mean, is there anything better than when the kids all want to stay in and hunker down at your kitchen table? Not in my eyes!
The Game of Life board game made this toys for 10 year olds girl gift guide because of the complete nostalgia and at home fun it will bring for girls . With instant setup and easy play, this exclusive edition is great fun to play when friends are all together.
3. Klutz Make Your Own Soap Craft & Science Kit Making soap has never been this easy, or fun! What a better way to fight this germy stage of life than encouraging girls to play with soap!
Girls will be able to melt and mold up to 10 soaps from scratch. With the included soap molds, bright colors, coconut papaya fragrance, soap stickers, and skin-safe glitter, they'll be well on their way to being squeaky-clean in no time.
Maybe even younger kids in the house will want to use soap after it's been made by the girls in the house!
4. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera This gift has been one of the favorite toys for girls age 10 for quite some time and it's not going anywhere soon!
The new, Instax Mini 9 camera retains the ease of use and attractive design elements of the extremely popular Instax Mini 8 while adding five new exciting colors and a couple of new features.
She can choose from Flamingo Pink, Ice Blue, Lime Green, Cobalt Blue and Smokey White. This is a great age for this kind of a gift – by giving a girl a camera you can see what is really important through their own eyes and actions!
5 . Klutz Make Clay Charms Craft Kit Girls that are into jewelry will love this kit! She'll be able to make clay charms, bake them, add shine and then attach her creations to the included bracelet. Girl can create cute fruit, adorable animals, mini sweets, monsters and tons more!
6. Hair Chalk Studio When looking for gift ideas for a 10yr old girl, anything with doing hair and making them unique is a great idea! And, this Hair Chalk Studio is no exception!
Each hair chalk pen in a set provides up to 80 applications, giving them plenty to do their own hair and their friends! BONUS! These hair chalks can also be used as face painting crayons, which makes them double the fun!
7. Mochi Squishies Toys Kids love toys that are small (well, sized just for them!) And these are just that! Cute little animals that are perfect for holding tight or playing with.
8. Crayola Washable Sidewalk Chalk Set And, here we are with chalk again – chalk is so fun – especially when the girls have a project to work on! This chalk is ideal for drawing thin lines and broad strokes on sidewalks and driveways. With its special anti-roll shape, the chalk won't roll away as kids work on their outdoor creations. BONUS: Offer the chalk with a “learn to draw” book for a full, rounded, creative gift idea. https://amzn.to/2NP3ple
9. JoJo Siwa Bow Maker JoJo Siwa is in all of the houses that have a ten year old and that's not a bad thing …. well, unless you're having to buy the bows frequently (they can be pricey!) This kit allows girls to use 6 new rainbow-inspired ribbons including a new unicorn pattern, to create colorful big bows!
The girls can even make double bows, just like jojo's! And, they can choose from a variety of colorful glitter clasps and hair clips for your bows, and customize with even more sparkle by adding sticky gems and JoJo stickers!
Each set includes a Cool Maker JoJo bow Maker, 3 satin ribbons, 1 glitter ribbon, 2 printed ribbons, 6 bow clasps, 6 hair clips, 1 sheet of sticky gems, 1 sheet of JoJo stickers, and an instructional guide. Now that sounds like fun!
10. Num Noms Nail Polish Maker Toy When thinking girl toys – age 10, I automatically start smelling fruity smells, no matter where I am (ha!) It's because they love things that smell, wouldn't you agree??
Give her the gift that will get her nails a scent-sational manicure with the Num Noms Nail Polish Maker.
She'll be able to mix her own scented nail polish with strawberry, blueberry, banana nail polish and glitter! If this doesn't spell out “girl sleepover party ideas” word by word then I don't know what does!
11. Rainbocorns Giant Big Bow Surprise Mystery Egg Surprises, surprises, surprises are everything to a little lady and this gift has 'em all – in fact 25 of them!
She'll be able to hatch open the giant golden egg to discover the biggest Rainbocorn yet, with over 25 layers of rainbow fun – it's like a gift that continues to give surprises!
12. Roller Derby Girls Tracer Adjustable Inline Skates One of the best gifts for girls age 10 is rollerblades! They'll get her outside and moving and shakin off the indoor vibes!
If you give one pair as a gift, make sure to give her best friends a pair too though because they'll LOVE spending time rollerblading together!
I picked out this gift for 10yr old girl in particular because of the fact that they can adjust up to 4 sizes to keep up with growing feet, girls grow so much at this age! Plus, if you're worried about injuries, these have great ankle support, important for beginning skaters.
13. Brainbolt Brain Teaser Memory Game Does the girl in your life like a challenge? Let her get her game on with Brainbolt, the mind-melting light-up memory game from the game experts at Educational Insights.
She'll follow the lights and watch, remember, and see how long she can follow the pattern before making a mistake. This is really a fit for both individual and group play, as it's perfect for solo play, two-player mode, timed mode for quicker games, and advanced mode for expert players. Love games like this!
14. ThinkFun Cat Crimes Logic Game and Brainteaser Another brain teaser game (LOVE those for keeping young minds sharp!)
With a little problem solving she'll be able to use paw prints, toy placement and other clues to figure out exactly where each cat was sitting at the time of the crime – what a fun game plot!
Girls will solve clues for 40 increasingly difficult challenges and find the criminal cat. If they have been asking for a pet … well, here you go! Ha!
15. Alex DIY Swirl Station Girls love making things with their hands – and the prettier, the better. This Alex DIY Swirl Station checks all of these boxes.
They'll be able to make art, cards, toys, jewelry and more with 200 colorful strips of paper. And, they won't get bored with this craft, either.
That's because the Swirl Station makes quilling easy by rolling the strips in seconds, with the push of a button. The booklet that the gift comes with offers shapes and directions as well, so she can use the guides or go on her own.
16. Pomsies Patches Plush Interactive Toys Is the girl in your life a snuggler? Pomsies are lovable, wearable pom-pom pets girls can take anywhere. Pomsies react in 50 different ways to petting and touch.
She'll even be able to feel it when they purr! And, she'll get her hair brushing fix, too because each Pomsies pet includes a brush to keep their fur soft and pretty.
17. BuddyPhones Play, Wireless Bluetooth Volume-Limiting Kids Headphones BuddyPhones were picked specifically for the fact that girls (and any kids, really) can use these to listen to a device together.
There's a plug that allows two sets of headphones to plug into the same iPad for example. Fun for watching movies, playing games and ignoring siblings. 🙂 18. Craft-tastic String Art Kit (OMG!) What ten year old girl wouldn't LOVE to hang this in her room once it's done?? Answer: there isn't a 10yr old girl who wouldn't love to do that because these are so dang cute!
This creative kit includes 60 yards of thread and 170 pins. There is no need for nails, hammers, or other supplies, which means there is no need to shop for craft supplies (um, thank God!)
Girls simply push the pins into the sturdy, pre-patterned foam bases and string away. Personally, I love to give gifts like these, as they help develop critical problem-solving skills and learn to help the girls express themselves.
19. Kids Waterproof Action Camera & Camcorder This would be SO fun if you're a pre-teen (heck, even teenage) girl! Kids can now record video in 1080p HD – and of all things – with an under water camera!
With the waterproof case, rechargeable battery, bike mounts, neck strap and 32GB SD card, girls can take this sports camera to capture the unforgettable adventures. Talk about a gift that records memories, too!
20. Baking Class Spiral-bound Book: 50 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Bake! Looking for something that girls can literally take action on right away? The Baking Class Spiral-bound Book is just that!
This book features 50 easy-to-follow, kid-friendly recipes. Girls will love the step-by-step photos that teach bakers-in-training how to knead dough, make biscuits, decorate cookies, and produce a perfect pie, along with essential skills like following directions and accurately measuring ingredients.
They'll love the bonus goodie bag stickers, pop-out gift tags, and bake sale signs encourage kids to share their homemade delights with pride. It is no wonder that this book has been awarded the NPR's Best Books of the Year, IACP Cookbook Award Winner, National Parenting Product Awards Winner, Mom's Choice Award Gold Winner.
What did I miss??? What are the best presents for 10 year old girls that I missed?
Let me know in the comments!
Nga Williams says
I did not find this site
Ender Carra says
thank you 4 this it really helped