25 Easter Basket Filler Ideas That Kids Will Love
I know that the kids love candy in their Easter baskets, but if your family is anything like ours, I pack away a lot of the candy for later, so usually half of the chocolate candy or anything that will freeze goes in the freezer and I let them choose one piece of candy as a dessert to pack in their lunch, have as a special treat, whatever it may be.
This method works out well for us, but how about choosing trinkets that they can actually use and play with and use for creative play and crafts instead? Here is a list of over 25 things you can stuff in those Easter baskets.
- Coloring Books – I love The Dollar Tree for items like this or you can use free printables from sites like this one
- A Camera – Kids could have fun with a disposable camera taking pictures of themselves and their friends.
- Stickers – Did you know that The Dollar Tree now has puffy stickers?! YES! Cut them in individual pieces and add them to your boy basket or girl basket.
- Glitter – Because who doesn’t LOVE glitter?!
- Paint Brushes
- Face Painting Crayons– If you’re on a budget, break the package up and stuff one crayon for each child into a gift bag or Ziploc baggie and save the rest for later.
- Washable Markers
- Washable Paint
- Window Markers – SO much fun for the little ones!
- Glue sticks
- Googly eyes – Awesome to use for crafts and to put on coloring pages!
- Crayons – A fresh new set of crayons.
- Play cars – You can get a set of 50 for about $10 here – SO fun for the kiddos!
- Small pom poms – Perfect to put on special pages, use for doll accessories, make homemade cards with and to decorate posters with.
- Scissors – Fun for the little ones especially!
- Mini Notepads – Awesome to carry around to wait at Doctors offices, appointments, oil changes and more!
- Small mammals, reptiles (toys of course!)
- Finger Puppets – Have you seen these sets for less than $3 shipped? Genius!
- Balloons – Need I say more than this? Give each child a “bunch” for about $1 each.
- Cookie Cutters – Not only fun for baking, but fun for playdoh, tracing and more!
- Bouncy Balls – Get 100 bouncy balls for about $10 – these can be saved to use for favors, or even trick or treat in a few months.
- Crazy Straws
- Fake Tattoos – Get 72 tattoos for about $4!
- Mini Nail Polishes
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Glow sticks
Most importantly, enjoy the reason for the season.