Looking for a recipe that will please both men and women alike and not break the bank? I’m all about saving money for all of us, and this is no exception… Here’s your dip! This Cranberry Jalapeño Salsa served over cream cheese is all things sweet, fresh, refreshing accompanied by a little kick, depending on how much or how little jalapeño you decide to add.
- 8 oz. portion size of bag of cranberries ($2) (fresh or frozen are fine, defrost if frozen)
- 1 green pepper (seeds removed) (50¢)
- 2-3 jalapeños ($1) (I have made with none, too – depends on who’s eating it)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (stems removed) ($1)
- 1 small white onion (50¢)
- 1 8oz. can crushed pineapple ($1)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1-2 blocks of cream cheese ($1.50)
Toss all ingredients into the food processor and pulse until you reach a chunky, salsa like consistency. (I have this one here and love it, not too fancy, but it does the job!) Refrigerate. You can serve this right away, or make up to a couple days in advance. You won’t be sorry you made this one… it’s truly perfect for any season!
And, a little perk, this salsa recipe makes about 2 cups worth, so you can freeze one cup worth if you only want to serve with one block of cream cheese. If you decide to serve the whole recipe, you’ll want to pick up two blocks of cream cheese. Enjoy!
I actually saved half when I made this last batch, and since I don’t know who will be eating it (kids or not) I left a jalapeño on the side. You can do it, too, just spoon the salsa in a freezer quart sized baggie, seal and lay flat in the freezer. You’ll have an appetizer all ready to go for the next time you’re in a pinch. 😀