The BEST Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Dinner Recipe!
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
I totally scored at a garage sale a couple years ago and got a bread machine for only $5 – complete luck, I know! But, I wondered if I’d ever use it, so I was hesitant to buy one brand new – let me tell you, I totally use my bread machine, and the minute mine goes out, I’ll be replacing it – we LOVE it!
The one thing I love making most in my bread machine is pizza dough. Our whole entire family loves it and I love the fact that it’s fresh. And, it is so much easier than you think it may be. With just a few core ingredients and a few spices, you’ll be ready to go and your bread machine pizza dough is ready to bake in just over an hour.
If I am making homemade pizza for dinner I usually start my dough around 3 pm. That way it has some time in the bread machine, 30 minutes or so to rise on the countertop and then 15-20 minutes to bake.
I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post, I was making this for Christmas Eve dinner (at the request of our 8 year old son) so I was in a bit of a hurry to get back to our Yahtzee game!
I’m telling you, this is so easy and you’ll just love it!
At the bottom of this post I’ve also laid out some great deals on bread machines. If you aren’t able to snag a garage sale one like I did, these are great machines and will make you so happy!
Please let me know what you think of this recipe!
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Dinner Recipe
- 1⅓ cups warm water I microwave it for 45 seconds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3½ cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- One ¼ oz packet of Active Dry Yeast or 3 tsp if you buy in bulk
- Combine ingredients in the order listed in your bread machine
- Place machine on dough cycle
- Once done, remove dough and place it on a floured surface
- Allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes
- Place on Bakers Half Sheet Pan and spread to sides of greased pan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prebake the crust for 15 minutes
- Remove crust from oven
- Top pizza
- Return to oven for roughly 10 minutes, or until cheese looks done to you
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before eating
Recipe adapted from Snail Pace Transformations.