Are you looking for easy breakfast ideas that you can make ahead, or maybe even an easy breakfast casserole for ham leftovers? This is the recipe to have in your back pocket! You’re going to want to save this one! Pin this recipe to your Breakfast Recipes Pinterest Board.
This breakfast casserole is hands down my family’s favorite. And, it’s also my sister in laws family’s favorite… are you sensing anything special here? This breakfast recipe is the best because it’s sinfully easy to whip up, it’s a crowd-pleaser and, you can make it ahead of time. shhhh … That may be my very favorite part of the whole thing. 😉
You know how sometimes breakfast casseroles can be a little mushy? This one is not that way in the slightest bit. When the casserole finishes the baking time in the oven let it sit on the countertop and it will set, giving you the ability to cut square pieces from it. It’s absolutely delicious and a must-make if you’re having company or looking for an easy breakfast to make on Christmas or any other chance you get to entertain friends for brunch.
Here’s how to get this breakfast bake ready to go:
First, mix your eggs and milk. I love to keep my “dry” ingredients together and then mix in my “wet” ingredients and then pour into the sprayed dish. It’s easy as pie (literally!)
Mix all of your “dry” ingredients.
Pour your egg and milk mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well.
Spray the baking dish with non-stick baking spray and pour the final mixture into the dish that you’re going to bake the casserole in.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remember that there will still be some liquid on top after baking is finished but the casserole will settle after sitting for 5-10 minutes. All ovens vary so be sure to cook it all the way, no matter the time that it’s been in the oven.
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups of frozen hashbrowns, thawed
- ⅓ c. greens onion, sliced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1½ cups mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- Stir together eggs and milk and salt and pepper.
- Combine the hashbrowns, green onions, cheese, green pepper and ham.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over hashbrown mixture in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a square dish (a pie plate works well, too)
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes uncovered, or until casserole is set when you try and wiggle it and a toothpick comes out "clean"
- Let the breakfast casserole sit for 5 minutes or so to let it harden up a bit.
- Cut into pieces and serve - will serve 6-8 people.
- *** If you prepare this the night before you'll need to add time to your baking time. Also, keep the dry and wet ingredients separate until ready to put in the oven and then combine them.
If you like this Breakfast Casserole recipe, you’ll also be interested in these posts below. Simply click on the picture to go to each post. Thanks for stopping by!