Looking for Quick and Easy Dessert Recipes? You’re in the right spot! This no bake chocolate lasagna cake is fantastic — and fantastically SIMPLE too!
No Bake Chocolate Lasagna Cake
Looking for easy chocolate recipes that require so little effort that you’re actually surprised that they taste so decadent? This no bake chocolate lasagna cake is just that! It was my husband’s 41st birthday here recently and he loves chocolate mousse and french silk pie, so I had to give this chocolate lasagna dessert a shot, I’ve been wanting to combine two of my favorite recipes, so naturally this was a great opportunity to do just that!
Here’s how you whip this dessert up.
First, you’ll want to crunch those Oreos in a gallon size baggie. I put half in, crush them with a rolling pin, empty into a bowl, put the other half of the Oreos in the baggie, crush and empty again. Leave a little air in the bag, but not too much, or you’ll have your very own “Oreo Blizzard” on your countertop when the baggie pops! Ha!
Add your melted butter to the crushed Oreos – your going to use this as your crust in a 9×13 dish (this is my favorite one that I’ve had for years) – mmmhhmmm … this no bake dessert is delicious from the get-go!
Put that in the fridge for just a few minutes to harden a bit.
Meanwhile, use a hand mixer to combine your cream cheese, sugar, 3 T of milk and half of the Cool Whip. See why you’re going to just love this? Set this mixture to the side.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine your pudding mix and 3 1/2 cups cold milk. Yes, it’s just pudding … delicious chocolate pudding – the real reason that I knew that everyone in my family was going to go bonkers over this dessert. Pour the white mixture over the Oreo crust and then the pudding mixture over the white.
Let that sit in the fridge for atleast an hour or two, or you could freeze it for a little while. After it hardens, you’re going to be putting the remaining in tub of Cool Whip on top. So, if it’s not frozen all the way it’s really ok, your Cool Whip will turn a little chocolatey from the pudding and that is A-ok.
Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips – they’re going to have a bit of a crunch on top of the pudding/Cool Whip mixture – ENJOY! If you’re after chocolate dessert ideas, this is the way to go!
- 1 package (36) Oreo cookies, crushed (not over stuffed, just normal)
- 6 T butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 T cold milk
- 12 oz. tub thawed Cool Whip
- (2) 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3½ cups cold milk
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- Combine crushed Oreos and butter
- Make a crust using this mixture in the bottom of your 9x13 dish and set in fridge to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, milk and ½ thawed Cool Whip tub
- Combine 3½ cups milk and pudding
- Pour cream cheese mixture over Oreo crust, then pour the pudding over that.
- Let sit in fridge or freezer for atleast an hour
- Top with remaining thawed Cool Whip and mini chocolate chips - ENJOY!