Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Welcome! I’d love to offer you a FREEBIE for stopping by. 😀 Head here to Amazon.com to get your free “Dump Cake: 50+ Delicious Easy Dump Cake Recipes” eBook. And, if you really love Pumpkin, you’ll love these Pumpkin Recipe Cookbooks (some are even free 🙂 ) Kindles are only $49.99 right now here, but you can read your eBooks on any tablet. Get the Free Kindle eBook app here now to read this on any device.
On the hunt for an easy pumpkin bread recipe? This one is a fun one and is sure to be a hit at the party! With all the ingredients that make up “perfect fall food” this is a complete winner in my book. The pumpkin and cream cheese bread recipe that this turns into is the perfect mix of sweet and tang and you’re absolutely going to love it – and it’s so different that it’ll be the talk of your party, for sure. I must admit that I’m not one to make a homemade pumpkin pie from scratch, but this may be just as close as you’re making the bread and the filling from scratch. Family hero status, I tell you.
First off, whip the eggs and sugar for 5 minutes with your electric mixer. I was using my handheld electric mixer, but after oh, about minute 2 I was kind of wishing that I would have brought out the big daddy (my KitchenAid stand mixer). But, the dishes… it’s the threat of dishes, I tell ‘ya.
Once you’ve done the big ‘ol mixin’, simply add in the other bread ingredients and mix well. Next you’re going to pour out your mixture into a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan with wax paper laid over and greased. I used Pam Spray and it worked well.
Bake for 15 minutes and release onto a towel with sifted powdered sugar on it. The powdered sugar is going to be the outside of your roll, so the more the better, but sift it onto the towel with a sifter like this one. Peel off the wax paper gently. With the towel still attached, roll up the bread narrow side first to shape the bread into a roll shape. Let rest on wire cooling rack for atleast 1 hour or so until it cools completely.
Once cooled, carefully unroll the bread, frost the inside and roll up without the towel. Enjoy impressing your guests. 🙂
If you love pumpkin recipes, don’t miss Grandma’s Pumpkin Bars here!
See more best holiday recipes.
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Bisquick/biscuit baking mix
pumpkin pie spice
- Gradually add sugar to eggs and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, Bisquick and dry spices.
- Spread mix onto a greased piece of wax paper in a 10×15 jelly roll pan. ** If you are using pecans, sprinkle your mixture with pecans at this point.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- While that is in the oven, sift 1 cup of powdered sugar into a clean dish towel or tea towel.
- Once cake is finished baking turn upside down onto towel and carefully remove wax paper.
- Wrap the cake up into a roll inside the towel.
- Cool completely on a rack with the seam side down.
- Mix cream cheese, butter to make filling.
- Add remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Unroll cake, spread cream cheese mixture and reroll without the towel.
- Place seam side down onto plate and serve.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or so.
- ** You may need to sift on extra powdered sugar if covered in the fridge as some of the powdered sugar may come off.