Here in Iowa, the summer is winding down and fall is kicking in… which means college football time! We don’t have any NFL teams too close so college football Saturdays are what we have to look forward to, which is way OK with me! Although I will say that we’re starting to get more into NFL – any teams we need to follow? Haha, comment below!
Anyhow – if you’re looking for a fantastic and easy recipe to bring to the party – this one is a HUGE hit!
For this recipe I used:
This salsa with corn and beans will knock your socks off! It’s easy and takes 10 minutes to throw together. Easy, peasy.
Next, gather your cilantro. Can we talk for just a second about how big these cilantro leaves are? Holy mother of Mary!
Remove the leaves from your cilantro stalks and chop them up. I have this mezzaluna and love it. It’s sharp and you use a rocking motion to cut the herbs. No fingers being cut off here.
Combine everything with a little more spice and juices and you’re ready to rock ‘n roll!
corn and black bean salsa with avocado
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can shoe peg corn
- 1 can original flavor Rotel
- 4 T olive oil
- 4 T lime juice
- ¼ c fresh cilantro
- 1½ tsp cumin
- ½ t salt
- 2 avocados chopped and diced
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn in a colander
- Pour Rotel over clean beans and corn to drain
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients
- Chill for a few hours and serve with chips
- Add avocado at the last chance you've got