Looking for a casserole that you can throw together at night and pop in the oven after work the following day? Here’s a great one! You see, this casserole is hearty, filling and oh, so yummy. And, it seems a little more glamorous than just plain beef and noodles, as there are some fresh veggies and a couple more surprises included, too.
Beef and Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained of grease
- 8 oz. package egg noodles
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. green pepper diced
- 4 oz. can mushrooms drained
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 t. salt
- 2 t. sugar
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. diced onion
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Boil your egg noodles until just about done (they'll finish their last minute or so while in the oven).
- Simmer for ten minutes all of the following: browned ground beef, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, salt, beef broth and sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of cheddar cheese and onion.
- In an ungreased 9x13 baking dish layer half of the meat mixture, then half of the noodles, and finally half of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat those layers and top casserole with the remainder of cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 40 minutes.