Strawberry Poke Cake Dessert
Are you looking for an easy fruit cake recipe that you can make in less than 15 minutes? This recipe is so easy and a quick fix if you’re craving something fruity. Although it needs to sit for a bit, it will literally take about 15 “involved and active” minutes to make.
I threw this strawberry poke cake together for my mom’s birthday (she prefers fruity over chocolate) and she absolutely loved it – and so did everyone else! This strawberry cake was first introduced to me by a girlfriend who brought it over one night when our families were having dinner together – seriously delicious! And, it’s a great alternative to strawberry shortcake.
Here’s how to make this Strawberry Poke Cake:
Gather your ingredients.
Make the cake as directed (have you heard that milk instead of water in a cake mix makes it taste just like a bakery cake?! 🙂 )
Bake the cake as directed, and once it comes of of the oven make “pokes” in it using a fork.
Mix Jell-O mix and water and pour over cake. Let cool in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Once cooled, top cake with Cool Whip and sliced strawberries. Enjoy!
- 1 (16.25 ounce) box white cake mix (+ eggs, oil, etc. called for on the box)
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Prepare and bake cake in a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish according to package instructions.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the warm cake.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the strawberry Jell-O and boiling water until combined. 4. Pour Jell-O mixture slowly over the top of the cake, allowing the liquid to soak into the holes.
- Cool cake for at least 3-4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Store cake in refrigerator until ready to serve.