I have this Shellac nail light and I love it! In an effort to save time (& money!) I do my own gel polish/Shellac manicures at home because I can do them quick after the kiddos are in bed or during their nap without leaving the house. All in all it takes about 20 minutes or so to do. Shellac is a brand name, it’s really called a gel manicure but I use the term Shellac throughout this post since that’s the name people are most familiar with.
Here are the steps to take to do your own Shellac manicure at home:
- Remove all nail polish
- Push back cuticles, file nails and buff if necessary
- Wash hands, and dry well
- Put on PH Bond (I use this) & put under light for 2 minutes
- Put on the Foundation (I use this) & put under light for 2 minutes
- Put on your color (I have this color on right now and it’s a nice winter color) & put under light for 2 minutes (repeat 1 time for 2 coats of color total)
- Put on the Top Coat (I use this) & put under light for 2 minutes
- Rub polish with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol (I use Target brand) to remove the sticky feel
- To remove your shellac nail polish soak your fingers in a smal bowl of acetone for 10 minutes or so and the polish will easily peel off without hurting your fingernails.
Your nails will be dry right away and your polish should stay on for about 2 weeks!
** The top coat “seals” on your Shellac so make sure to get your top coat around the edges of your color without touching your cuticles.
Where I live a Shellac manicure costs about $35 + tip so I figure I have saved tons of money doing my manicures myself and I highly recommend this if you’re artistic at all. Keep in mind this total package that I have outlined above will cost about $105, but after 3 manicures, you’re ahead! To give you an idea, I have never had to replace any of my polishes and have done about 7 manicures on myself and have plenty left to do many more!
That’s all there is to it!
Amazon prices can flip fast, so if you’re interested in this deal you might want to act quick! Make sure to also confirm your final price in the cart before checking out because that can also fluctuate.