Please note that I have been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product.
I work with Best Buy on product reviews and every once in a blue moon they’ll send me something that is uber fancy, and that is something that I’d have a hard time splurging on for myself.
This is one of those times – and let me tell you guys, the Fossil Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch is nothing short of f-a-n-c-y!
I’ll go through the goods, the not-so-goods and the uglies with you so that you can decide if this is a splurge that you’re wanting to make this year or in the coming year.
First we’ll start with the good, because, well, that’s the best part, right? Right! I LOVE the look of this watch. I wore my ios brand smart watch to our nieces wedding and I was a little embarrassed, even though I had switched the band to a fancier one, it still looked a little manly for my cocktail dress. This Fossil smartwatch, however, would have fit right in for sure!
Not only does the look fancy my tastes, but the feel of the watch and the super crisp fonts and picture are so clear. Much less archaic and classier than the ios smartwatch for sure.
This watch is very much plug and play. Once you get the box open, it’s super simple setup – no issues at all.
And, since I’m familiar with how smartwatches work, I knew immediately what I needed on all three of my buttons on the side. I frequently use the timer, the “find my phone” feature and the time/date of course.
Now, the not-so goods. This watch operates on the google operating system, and we are an apple family. However, this isn’t a deal breaker, it just makes the watch a little less “smart” for apple phones, I guess. However, I love the Google Fit part of the Google OS a lot and the phone app is very intuitive.
And, because I use Apple products, the setup did fail a couple times after I initially set up the watch (it was still really easy, it just had a hiccup), but the third time was a charm and I was good to go after that.
Now, the bad.
It’s so pretty I’m afraid it’s going to get bumped and scratched. For real!
And, I don’t think I’m apt to wear this to workout. It’s just a little “too blingy”. But, for every other minute of the day? Absolutely!
Should you buy this watch?
Yes. If you like the design, and are looking for a smartwatch that tracks all your important health and fitness metrics and has a nicer, classier look, the Q Venture HR is a good smartwatch choice for you.
Read more about the Fossil Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch here. I’ve also included some interesting pieces about the watch below:
- It monitors heart rate and location, and the rose gold band blends with office clothing when you go to work.
Communicates with both iPhone and Android smartphones for easy data collection.
- Keeps you ahead of your day with proactive, personalized help from Google Assistant, even before you ask.
- Smarter Health Coaching from Google Fit: Motivates you towards a healthier life with coaching and activity tracking based on guidelines from the American Heart Association & World Health Organization.
- Maximizes Your Time: Get more done and maximize your time with more glanceable, easy to manage notifications, with smart replies to respond quickly on the go.
- Makes it easier to be healthy with the Google Fit app’s two new activity trackers—Heart Points and Move Minutes—which were designed in collaboration with the American Heart Association and the World Health Organization. These evidence-based metrics measure activity intensity, and smarter health coaching makes your fitness goals more achievable by motivating you to stay active throughout your day, everyday.
- Quick access to Google Pay—so you can pay with a wave at almost any place that accepts credit cards.
- Fashion meets function with this designer brand.
- Customize your dial (watch face).