I was compensated by AMC to share my opinion on their #ShareAMC promotion.
Family Movie Night Out on a Budget
So, did I go to sleep and wake up and all of a sudden a night out at the movies for the family became a big, expensive night out? That’s a bit how it felt… But when AMC emailed me about all of the fun things they had going on, I couldn’t help but share my opinion on how we save on family movie nights as well!
We love the movies. Specifically going to the movies … and if you’re me, more specifically eating the best popcorn in the world while sitting the whole entire time. Ha! Get it, moms?! While it’s still considered a special treat for our family, they’re not really budget-friendly, so keeping the budget in mind, I’ve come up with a helpful list of five ways that your family can enjoy a movie night out without busting the budget, too.
1) Join a Loyalty Program. This is in the number one spot on my list for good reason! While I was thinking of ideas for this article, I came across the AMC Stubs Insider Program. This program offers $5 Ticket Tuesdays every Tuesday through October 31st, 2017. With the average price of a movie ticket creeping up to $9, this is a steal! And, who said date night always has to be on the weekend? With this program four tickets went from $36 down to $20, that’s a HUGE savings!
2) Look for snack deals. In keeping with the AMC Stubs program and $5 Ticket Tuesdays, you’ll also be able to enjoy $5 Cameo Bundles including a popcorn and an ice-cold Coca-Cola for only $5 as well! That means you’ll receive a movie ticket, popcorn and a pop for only $10 per person — Hello, that’s a heck of a deal considering that your movie night for four just went from $36 for tickets + $30 for popcorn and drinks.. over $66 (at a minimum) to $40 TOTAL! A family movie night out for four for $40 – unbelievable! You’ll just want to be sure to grab the coupon on their site here.
3) Signup for Emails. When you offer your email to a venue, restaurant or even a blog, you’re giving them access to you personally. You’re essentially giving the thumbs up to “walk in your front door”. This isn’t something to take lightly, it’s a big deal! Feel good about this though… when you enter your information on the AMC website, like your email, birthday, and preferred theater, you’ll get access to member only exclusive deals, specials and offers that aren’t available to just anyone. This is one of my personal favorite ways to get movie coupons, especially since the offers usually really start ramping up towards my birthday month and you’ll feel like a queen on your big day, right?!
4) Buy at the Doors. Using third party movie sites usually comes with a $1-$2 convenience fee. That can rack up if you’re not careful! By buying on the company’s website directly, you’re also taking advantage of rewards programs!
5) Rewards Programs. #4 led me to my fifth tip, taking advantage of time sensitive rewards promotions. For example, right now AMC is offering double the points, giving you $5 reward cards twice as fast when you buy your tickets, snacks and more in theaters, on AMCTheatres.com and on the AMC Theatres app through 10/31. It’s like getting free money to go to the movies later (love that)!
Exciting new movies are arriving in theaters right now, too! Be sure to sign up for the AMC Stubs program here so you can redeem your $5 Ticket Tuesdays deal on movies like It, The Lego Ninjago Movie, Blade Runner 2049 and more! AND, AMC is bringing several Disney favorites back to the big screen including Mulan, Tangled, Brave, Princess & the Frog as well.
How about you?! I’ve listed my FIVE top tips to enjoying a family movie night out on a budget, do you have any to add?
And, don’t run away too fast! In celebration of their $5 Ticket Tuesdays Promotion and $5 Cameo Bundles, AMC is giving away a $50 AMC Movie Theatre Gift Card to one LUCKY Coupon Cravings reader! I hope you are so lucky to win … but you can’t win if you don’t enter (and it’s SO easy!) If you’re reading through the newsletter, or RSS press here to see the giveaway.