Have you signed up for Twitter yet? If not, you may be missing out on coupons and discounts on everything from travel to electronics to shoes and even to groceries! Here are my top-five ways to find money-saving coupons using Twitter. You can also follow me on Twitter at @ErinGifford for daily money-saving tweets.
- Follow Your Favorite Retailers. Where do you like to shop? Jot down a quick list, then head to Google. Type in the name of the retailer and then the word “Twitter.” For example, you might type Kohl’s Twitter into the search box. The very first search result is the link to @Kohls, the Twitter page for Kohl’s.
- Create Twitter Lists. Build separate lists within your Twitter profile so you can see on one screen tweets from all your favorite retailers and be the first to find out about coupons and special deals. Check out my blog post from December called For Holiday Deals, 15 to Follow on Twitter for a bunch of retailers, deal forums and cash-back shopping sites to follow for big-time bargains and coupons.
- Search for the Most Popular Deal Tweets. Head to Summize.com and type in the name of your favorite store along with the word “coupon” to see what pops up. I typed in Gap and Coupon and found a few online coupons and promotions. I also found a few more people to follow who clearly know their way around the deals! Check out CheapTweet or TweetMeSavings for the most popular deal tweets in various categories.
- Use a Money-Saving Twitter Coupon Bot. Try out CouponBot. Send a tweet to @CouponBot with just the name of the store you plan to shop, then wait to receive links to coupons tweeted back to you.
- Track Hashtags. Follow key money-saving hashtags to find great deals, coupons and freebies. A few to follow include #coupon, #coupons, #bargains, #freebie and #freebies, according to Fried Beef’s Tech. You can also enter the hashtags into the search box on your profile to see the most recent tweets.
Do you use Twitter to track down coupons and deals? I’d love to hear how it’s worked out for you.