Groupon is running a fantastic deal today. You can score a $50 Gift Card to use at GAP for only $25. The limit is one per person and it expires on 11/19. This is such perfect timing for my back-to-school shopping! This is a national deal, so you’ll be able to find it in every city and the gift card can be used even in cities not supported by Groupon. This offer is valid in-store only. Hurry, this deal expires at 12 a.m. ET on Friday (8/20) in your time zone.
Tag Archives: Local deal
If you like dried fruits, granola, and my favorite, chocolate covered fruits and pretzels, then you may want to check out this fantastic Groupon deal. You can get $25 to spend on nuts, dried fruits and more from NuttyGuys.com for only $10. Just click “Visit More Cities” at the top of the Groupon page, then select “Tulsa.” Hurry, this deal expires at 1 a.m. ET on Tuesday (8/17). Thanks, Mrs. Moneysaver!
Thanks to Dana at Mrs. Moneysaver for the scoop on this fantastic Groupon deal. You can get $25 to spend on board games, party games and even educational games at The Game Shop for just $10. This is an online-only game store. Just click “Visit More Cities” at the top of the Groupon page, then select “Boise.” Hurry, this deal expires at 2 a.m. ET on Thursday (8/12).
Local DC readers, you may want to jump on this hot daily deal from Groupon to get a 20-week, Sunday-only subscription to The Washington Post for only $10. You’ll save $30 off the regular price, which works out to $.50 per week for the Sunday paper (coupons, coupons, coupons!). Hurry, this offer expires at midnight tonight (8/5).
Don’t live in the Washington, DC area? You can save 50% or more on newspaper delivery or get several weeks for free from DiscountedNewspapers.com. You can also check out Groupon or LivingSocial to check out the hot daily deals in your area.
It’s pretty amazing how many daily deal sites have popped up in the last few months. I’ve used Groupon and LivingSocial a few times, both of which focus on dining and entertainment, but there are so many more today with both local and national deals. There are also a host of new ones that specialize in unique gifts and that are not city-specific. Here are a few sites worth exploring.
Dining & Entertainment
- BuyWithMe: This local deals site offers 5-6 bargains in 10-12 major metro areas, like Boston, Washington, DC and San Diego. I love checking out my own city as well as a few others I may venture to for a long weekend.
- Groupon: The largest of the daily deal sites, you’ll find kayak trips, paintball excursions, rafting tours, half-price dining certificates and more specific to more than 50 cities. New deals pop up daily at 5 a.m. ET.
- LivingSocial: This local deals site is second in size next to Groupon and you’ll find similar deals, like spa packages, pilates classes, comedy club tickets, sailing trips and more.
- SocialBuy: You’ll find daily dining and entertainment deals here, but SocialBuy recently announced ticket deals to more than 80 pro football games in 14 cities too.
- Jasmere: You’ll find eco-friendly bags, custom jewelry, leather cell phone cases, organic body wash and more. Lots of unique gifts from little-known merchants. New deals pop up daily at noon.
- The Mini Social: This daily deals site specializes in children’s clothing, shoes, artwork, bedding and games. Lots of unique gifts for babies and little ones.
- Wired for Wine: If you know any wine lovers (my step-mother will flip for this site), this is a great site to find fantastic daily deals on outstanding wines.
- Woot: Woot is one of the most well-known sites to offer a new product deal every day. Check out various categories that feature daily deals on wine, t-shirts, hot items and bargains for kids.
Have you become a fan of the daily deal sites? Which sites do you frequent the most for the best deals in your city?