Wowsers! Do I have some good news to share! Toys ‘R’ Us sent a press release over this morning outlining the fact that they’ll be expanding their Price Match Guarantee to include pricing from online retailers (Including Amazon.com & others!) effective immediately during the checkout process at the register. This is in addition to the Toys R Us Ad Price Matching guarantee they already instituted last year.
And, in case you’re not aware, at Toys R Us, you can also receive a price adjustment retroactively at an “R”Us store if a purchased item is advertised at a lower price at a local competitor within seven days of your original purchase, as long as you have a valid receipt (save those receipts!).
Here are some of the details you’ll want to know before heading out:
- Items known to be out of stock or available in limited quantities will be excluded from the company’s Price Match Guarantee
- Category offers, “Buy One, Get One” offers, gifts with purchase, percent off discounts and doorbuster items are also excluded
- Price Match Guarantee will not be available on Thanksgiving or Black Friday
- Nor will price matching be allowed for any online items from Sunday, November 17 through Cyber Monday, November 25
- Clearance, closeout, limited time online offers, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales are also excluded.
So, get those smart phones out and ready to price match and let’s get ready to do some Holiday shopping!
What do you think? Will you be more likely to shop at Toys R Us and Babies R Us due to this change?