Using coupons to buy some of the ingredients for this awesome Lasagna Soup recipe made it pretty inexpensive to make! After sharing that I had Lasagna Soup simmering on the stove on the Coupon Cravings Facebook page, I was asked to share the recipe with all of the Coupon Cravings readers, so here goes!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of italian sausage
- 1/4 pound of ground beef
- 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 uncooked lasagna noodles broken up (or 1/2 cup other noodles)
Coupons available for this recipe:
- $1.00 off two KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese
- $1.00 off two Spice Islands Products
- $0.50 off any Muir Glen product
- $1.00 off when you buy any TWO Knorr® Homestyle Stocks
- 65¢ off when you buy any ONE Knorr® Homestyle Stock
Saute onion and garlic.
Add meat to the onion mixture and brown. Once meat is browned, add following ingredients and let simmer for 25 minutes. You can drain if you wish. Remove bay leaf.
Add noodles prior to serving whether before simmering or afterwards. Adding the noodles will thicken up the soup tremendously. Once the noodles are cooked, the soup is finished.
Top with ricotta cheese, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream. All toppings are optional. Enjoy!
Recipe yields about 5-6 cups of soup.