My friend, Tracie, at Penny Pinchin Mom is one special lady. So moved by the Japan earthquake and tsunami, she is donating $.50 to Heart to Heart International for every comment or link she receives on her blog post on how you can help with disaster relief efforts.
Even better, she has organized dozens of mom bloggers to do the same. If you want to make a difference, but maybe money is a little tight these days, I encourage you to visit Penny Pinchin Mom, and click through to a few of the other blogs, like Frugal Coupon Living and Moms Need to Know. Simply leave comments to raise money to support their efforts.
If you’re looking for more ways to support disaster relief efforts, take a look at the suggestions below, which includes a couple of free ways to give, and a great donation matching opportunity courtesy of LivingSocial.
- AViiQ: Every “Like” on the Facebook page for AviiQ (they make laptop stands and iPad case stands) means a $1 donation to the American Red Cross. This is a nice free way to give.
- Groupon: Donate $5, $10 or $25 to support International Medical Corps’ emergency relief efforts in Japan.
- iTunes: Give $5, $10, $25, $50, $100 or $200 to the American Red Cross to help earthquake and tsunami victims directly through iTunes. Also, through 3/20, Sega will donate 100% of proceeds from sales of the game Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 ($3.99 per download) through iTunes to disaster relief efforts.
- Lady Gaga: For $5 you can buy a Lady Gaga Japan Earthquake Relief Wristband. All proceeds go directly to Japan relief efforts.
- LivingSocial: Give $5 and LivingSocial will make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Fund.
- Voskos Greek Yogurt: Click “Like” on this Facebook status update and Voskos will donate $1 for every “Like” they receive through 3/22. Another great free way to give.
- Zynga: Players of Zynga’s FarmVille, CityVille and other games can purchase special virtual goods, like Kobe cows and Japanese-style furniture, to donate funds to go to Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children Emergency Fund.
Finally, it’s easy to text in a donation. Just text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross. Or, text JAPAN or QUAKE to 80888 to donate $10 to The Salvation Army. It really doesn’t get any simpler than that to make a big difference.
What are you doing to support those in Japan in need? I’d love to hear from you. Thank you for your support.