It’s safe to say that pretty much every Black Friday ad has been leaked to the public by now, so it’s time to start poring over the ads to find the best deals. While most stores will open their doors at 5 a.m. on Friday (or even 4 a.m. like Target), Walmart is taking a new approach this year.
Walmart plans to kick off deals on toys, home goods and apparel at midnight on Thursday and is calling it an “Open House” that will run until 5 a.m. when the hot electronics deals go live. Even better, select stores will offer shoppers candy, baked treats and even energy drinks.
You can access your local ad online to get the scoop on all the deals and when they’re available at those prices. Here are a few of my favorite deals.
- Nintendo Wii Game Console: $199 + get a $50 Walmart gift card (Friday only)
- Emerson 32” LCD HDTV: $198 (Friday 5-11 a.m. only)
- eMachines 15.6” Laptop: $198 (Friday 5-11 a.m. only)
- Kinect for Xbox 360: $149 (Saturday only)
- Kodak C183 Digital Camera: $59 (Friday 5-11 a.m. only)
- Leapfrog Leapster2 Learning System: $25 (Friday only)
Walmart will also price-match competitor ads on in-store purchases through Sunday, so if you don’t feel like running around, bring in your ads and Walmart will match prices on the spot at the register. Also, before you head out, get a map of your store at Walmart.com, labeled with locations of special items available 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. ** Walmart price-matches on specific prices, not percent-off or buy-one-get-one-free sales.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with compensation for this post. Participation is voluntary and all opinions are my own.