It’s pretty amazing how many daily deal sites have popped up in the last few months. I’ve used Groupon and LivingSocial a few times, both of which focus on dining and entertainment, but there are so many more today with both local and national deals. There are also a host of new ones that specialize in unique gifts and that are not city-specific. Here are a few sites worth exploring.
Dining & Entertainment
- BuyWithMe: This local deals site offers 5-6 bargains in 10-12 major metro areas, like Boston, Washington, DC and San Diego. I love checking out my own city as well as a few others I may venture to for a long weekend.
- Groupon: The largest of the daily deal sites, you’ll find kayak trips, paintball excursions, rafting tours, half-price dining certificates and more specific to more than 50 cities. New deals pop up daily at 5 a.m. ET.
- LivingSocial: This local deals site is second in size next to Groupon and you’ll find similar deals, like spa packages, pilates classes, comedy club tickets, sailing trips and more.
- SocialBuy: You’ll find daily dining and entertainment deals here, but SocialBuy recently announced ticket deals to more than 80 pro football games in 14 cities too.
- Jasmere: You’ll find eco-friendly bags, custom jewelry, leather cell phone cases, organic body wash and more. Lots of unique gifts from little-known merchants. New deals pop up daily at noon.
- The Mini Social: This daily deals site specializes in children’s clothing, shoes, artwork, bedding and games. Lots of unique gifts for babies and little ones.
- Wired for Wine: If you know any wine lovers (my step-mother will flip for this site), this is a great site to find fantastic daily deals on outstanding wines.
- Woot: Woot is one of the most well-known sites to offer a new product deal every day. Check out various categories that feature daily deals on wine, t-shirts, hot items and bargains for kids.
Have you become a fan of the daily deal sites? Which sites do you frequent the most for the best deals in your city?