** I'm going to keep this post at the top all weekend long to encourage comments and blog link-ups. Please scroll down to find the latest deals from Coupon Cravings. **
I must say, I have been absolutely blown away by the selfless outpouring of support for the people of Haiti. This kind of overwhelming crisis really makes you step back, even in the midst of our own economic struggles, and realize how much we truly have when the Haitians have so little.
There are many ways to help, and even if you are struggling financially, you can donate simply by leaving comments on frugal blogs. Below is a list of ten blogs (though many more are doing the same) that are making donations based on the number of comments they receive. I hope you will visit them to show your support.
- Bargain Briana: Leave a comment by end of day today (1/15) and Briana will donate $.25 for every comment (up to $500) to Food for the Poor.
- Common Sense with Money: Leave a comment and Mercedes will donate $1 for every one (up to $500) to the American Red Cross.
- Coupon Geek: Leave a comment or post a link by Thursday (1/21) and Jaycie will donate $.50 for each (up to $500) to the Salvation Army Haiti Earthquake Relief Fund.
- The Happy Housewife: Leave a comment or a blog post link and Toni will donate $1 for each one (up to $500) to the Earthquake Disaster Relief Fund within Sovereign Grace Ministries.
- Mommy Snacks: Leave a comment or a blog post link and Andrea will donate $1 for each one (up to $500) to relief efforts, split betweenSamaritan’s Purse and World Vision.
- Money Saving Mom: Leave a comment sharing what you have done to help those in Haiti by Thursday (1/21) and Crystal will donate $.30 for each one to Numana.
- Mrs. Moneysaver: Leave a comment or a blog post link by end of day on Thursday (1/21) and Dana will give $5 for each one (up to $350) to Compassion International.
- Saving with Shellie: Leave a comment or a blog post link by end of day today (1/15) and Shellie will donate $2 for each one to relief efforts, evenly split between Compassion International and the American Red Cross.
- Surviving the Stores: Leave a comment or a link to a blog post on what you are doing to help the Haitians and Rachel will donate $2 for each one (up to $500) to Compassion International.
- Thrifty NW Mom: Leave a comment by end of day on Monday (1/18) and Jen will donate $.50 for every comment (up to $200) to World Vision.
I’m jumping on this incredibly important bandwagon as well. I will donate $1 for every comment or blog post link left by end of day on Monday (up to $500) sharing how you personally are helping with Haiti relief efforts, whether it’s by sending a donation by text message (text HAITI to 90999 to donate $10), working with your church or going through your stockpile to donate much-needed supplies to those in Haiti. I plan to make my donation to Save the Children.
Thank you so much for taking the time to participate. Please keep the people of Haiti in your thoughts and prayers.